Monday, April 19, 2021

In This Hat, He Believes:

The Crackpot Hobo Historian Living Out of a Backpack Declares Social Justice Mommydarity—At Last!



It is this Crackpot's belief that he has been rendered homeless for failure to kneel and pray forgiveness from the gods of Guiltopia. For, as he limps across this ill-gotten land, an impiously guiltless man, no longer spry enough to step over the prostrate poor, shuffling around his fallen, fellow man, signs sprout ever upward from manicured lawns and church marquees in black, white, red, yellow, green, purple and baby blue declaring...

I am sorry, but I don't have a house, just a hat and a backpack. So as I haul my vast store of privilege around the nation with me, somehow the words become refracted upon passing through the ireful nimbus aglow about this lowering brow:

Hate is Homeless

Fat Lives Matter

Bitch Lives Matter

This Human is Illegal

Science is Not Real

Disabilities are Rejected

Kindness is Misleading

I hope I didn't lose anything in the hobo translation. 

1 comment:

  1. Science is magic
    Men and women are the same sex
    Dogs fly spaceships
    AND
    Everything you know is wrong!

    ReplyDelete