Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Homeschool Privilege

Tuesday morning dispatch from three girls with flexible schedules

Last night and into the morning, snow fell on the peaks surrounding Slavicon Valley.  I'm a California girl, don't talk to me about winter driving conditions, but someone in Wichita once told me that it's good to have front wheel drive and that's what my trusty Camry has, and that's good enough.  We were up betimes, each put on two pairs of pants and our hooded jackets and headed up the nearest mountain pass.  About a mile from the summit, snow was falling, was clinging to redwood limbs and piling up on the shoulder.  I pulled over into the rest area to find lots of other sight-seers and two local news teams.  The girls made a knee-high snowman, threw snowballs, and my older girl would not stop eating it!





(c) 2019 Lynn Lockhart

1 comment: