Sunday, March 17, 2019

Cracker-Boy IN PRINT! - Crackpot Podcast 53

Hello friends, I am so happy to be podcasting more regularly again.  I am even happier to tell you that Cracker-Boy is in print!!!

You can buy this rogue history book, packed with original sources, served in small portions, right here:


I think I talk more than I ever have in an episode here, so consider yourselves warned.

The Crackpot Podcast features unsanctioned historian James LaFond and his enabler Lynn Lockhart.

Audio:



YouTube:



0:00:28  Podcasting technology update
0:01:45  Apologies!  CRACKER-BOY!!!
0:04:16  John Hu and distinguishing slaves from citizens
0:10:56  Amelie Wen Zhao, African-American slavery supremacy
0:22:21  Freedom on the Move
0:28:20  Fugitive slave catching, petroleum, foreign labor
0:33:20  James makes a prediction
0:34:55  Carcel clothing, Lynn gets emotional
0:40:54  WIPs, see also, the Letter to the Shareholder
0:57:52  Wrath of Gnon, nightmares
1:03:30  In the mind of a writer, On Silence
1:10:04  Panhandler murder, Baltimore


(c) 2019 Lynn Lockhart

4 comments:

  1. Caught the podcast and enjoyed it. Sound was surprisingly good considering it was done with a cell phone. Will you go on MythsTC to promote book? I just bought copy so at least one sale is on ledger now! I will try to write sympathetic review after I read it. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, SidVic, I hope you enjoy it! I don't know how much the Myth20c fellows have been in touch with James lately, but that would be nice!

      Delete
  2. Hey, SidVic, I haven't done a promotional podcast with the Myth and don't plan on it as they are subject driven and I covered this subject with them. However, many loose ends left on this subject should be wrapped up by the time I complete the series, then I will ask them to have me on after the rest are completed [4 volumes to go]. In fact, the last podcast I did with them was precisely on the material in Crackerboy and the soon to be released Greatest Lie Ever Sold. I have already expanded my understanding of the Plantation Era since then and look forward to nailing down a unified theory of American origins by 2020.
    Thanks for picking up the book, Bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, just giving you grief man. None the less you should really consider trying to get on some podcast to promote the book. I would use the myths of 20th century appearance as a demo tape. You come across is extremely knowledgeable and entertaining in that appearance. These guys need content. And whatever else one might say about you got a ton of content. It's unlikely but one score on a Rogan like podcast would provide a lot of bank. Luke Ford, Southern AF podcast, and grace should be considered. If you want to go more transgressive history reviewed.com is an option.

    ReplyDelete