Monday, October 28, 2019

67 Ishmael Returns Crackpot Podcast

Hello Crackpot Listeners!  Bob, sometimes known as Ishmael, is one of our best friends.  We taped this while James was staying in Bob's beautiful and comfortable home, in the magical land of Utah, where all the men are strong, all the women are beautiful and all the children are well loved.  Bob tells us about the buffalo hunt of a lifetime, and we talk a lot about hunting and wildlife.  Thank you so much for joining us, Bob!

The Crackpot Podcast features the world's most underrated author, James LaFond, and a middle aged woman named Lynn Lockhart.

Bob's father is the subject of Son of a Lesser God.





Audio:




BitChute:




YouTube:




0:03:00  Blitzkrieg hypothesis
0:04:20  How to hunt buffalo in Utah
0:16:45  Guiding, camping, brown bears
0:31:40  Legal implications of grizzly defense, timberwolves
0:41:30  Mass extinctions, Roman influence
0:58:10  Brain surgery or war clubs?
1:05:20  Cattle vs Buffalo
1:11:40  Docking sheep, domestication
1:18:30  Size of hunter-gatherers
1:25:00  Bob's fights
1:30:50  Back to the hunt

(c) 2019 Lynn Lockhart

4 comments:

  1. This was a great podcast. i grew up hunting in kentucky and W virginia so Bob's description of childhood took me back. I've been following some white nationalist in South africa that are hunting guides. Would love to make it down there someday. Big game hunting with nazis, what's not to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it. I am really proud of this one.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this one Lynn! I live in Louisiana, and always dreamed of hunting in the mountains, so of course, when I finally got a chance at it, I chose to go to work instead, and regretted it ever since. I'm an old man now, so my advice to anyone would be, if you get a chance at something, TAKE IT. Same thing happened with Monterey Pop.

    ReplyDelete