Monday, January 4, 2021

2020 Crackpot Industries Editrix Statement

 How much Crackpottery?

I didn't get as much done as the boss, but it wasn't too shabby:

9 books published (only 7 in 2019 but one was the beast Cracker-Boy)
308k total words (compared to 326k in 2019, I feel pretty good about this)
15 Crackpot Podcast episodes 
22 Blogspot posts (that is really low, gonna fix that in 2021)

Thank you, James, readers and listeners, for bearing with me as I tried to gain my footing in the perma-kwar regime, with work-from-home, the sad end of our in-person homeschool c0-0p, the happy introduction of weekly beach trips, a new family to homeschool pod with, and more time with cousins than we ever had before.  

Podcasting these last 3+ years has been a great experience, I learned the rudiments of sound editing and video editing, got to practice interviewing skills, did a little writing and really enjoyed talking on the phone with my friends and sharing that with you.  The door isn't closed on podcasting, but scheduling and connectivity are issues for James and myself during these unprecedented times and combined with the strange social and political climate we are in, it's a good time to take a break and focus on publishing books.

I had help from a number of proofreaders this year, including Charles S., Rusty, Colin, Greg and Chris, and perhaps others (hope those names are sufficiently anonymous).  Your work will be very valuable to me in our 2021 publishing plan!

To wrap up the year, I will be adding recently published titles to the bookstores, so please remember to check those out.  If you want to keep up with me, follow me on twitter and remind me to add you.

xoxo,
Lynn


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lynn and Charles, Rusty, Colin, Greg and Chris for adopting my retarded cause. I feel less like a stumblebum writer every time something you all worked on gets into print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys keep plugging. sidvic

    ReplyDelete