Thursday, November 8, 2018

Dispatch from the Crackpot

In case you were wondering, the Crackpot is alive and well, somewhere in the mid-Atlantic, without internet access but with a sparring partner (check out the shiner at the end of the second video).

It's hard to say when we might get to tape a podcast again, a generous reader has sent him a laptop, perhaps we'll manage to connect one next week, in the meantime, listen to my friend, Colin's SoundCloud for some soothing guitar music.

-Lynn








2 comments:

  1. Plastic grocery bags. Keep the dirty clothes from stinking up the clean ones.

    Large hunting knife and dry matches. Always assume you will get stranded in the middle of nowhere.

    Clean socks, minimum 5 pairs. Boot rot is the enemy of all traveling men. Change socks every single day.

    If you are traveling light, pack a Mylar emergency “space blanket”. They fold up to the size of small envelope, weigh nothing, and keep you a lot warmer than you’d expect.

    Duct tape and cotton make up remover pads can patch up just about any non-life threatening flesh wound. Don’t forget the packets of antibiotic ointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the mylar blanket is with the little tent and the 7 pair of soxs in that mess. I use ankle socks even in the winter cause I can pack more dry ones. Come winter I'll add 2 insulated pair of full length socks. The antibiotic ointment is in the toiletries bag. Now, since I am travelling in the east and couching that bottom pouch has my hand, nut and mouth guards. When I a out west hiking the matches, knife and cordage and bandages go in there. I will, on your sage advice, replace the bandages with duct tape! I have duct taped cuts but it never occurred to my dumb ass to pack duct tape. I have also taped broken fingers back together with duct tape. Thanks, Tony!

    ReplyDelete